Hi! I haven't been around much of late but I will tell you about that another time. Today I am sharing a wonderful surprise that I received a couple of days ago - it is called a 'Sunshine Award'
The Sunshine Award is a 'blogger to blogger' award and is
awarded to bloggers who "positively & creatively inspire
others in the blogosphere".
Wow! This Nanny was very excited - I didn't even know these awards existed and to be considered worthy just blew me away.
I was nominated by another Aussie blogger that you have seen me mention before - Pam from Threading My Way. Now Pam not only has a fantastic blog, but just happens to be a wonderful, supportive blogger who is just sooo generous with her knowledge and so patient when explaining things to 'newbies' like me.
Thank you Pam, not just for the nomination, but for being you!!
Now of course this is a serious business and there are 'rules' to accepting this award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Post the award image in your blog
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 other blogs and let them know about their nominations.
- I grew up in a small Australian village with both lots of Grandparents living within easy walking distance. Is it any wonder I love having family around!!!
- I went crayfishing as a child with a piece of string tied to a piece of meat.
- As a child I wished I had a horse and that I could play piano. Funny how watercolour painting and sewing were not on that list!!
- I went to Sydney when I left school to be a nurse at the Mater Hospital in Crows Nest.
- A scholarship for teacher training saw me leave nursing and become a teacher - a career that I loved but that was unfortunately cut short following a motor vehicle accident.
- I have been married to my best friend for nearly 42 years - guess that makes us 'lifers'
- I have 2 children, 2 other children (husband and wife to my children) and 6 grandchildren and I am one lucky Nanny!!
Now to the best part - I get to nominate some other bloggers!!
These are all bloggers that I follow and enjoy, that have been very supportive of my efforts, who remind me of 'fun things' in my life, and who inspire me with their special kind of Sunshine! Thank you to each and every one of you!
Mel from Mellywood's Mansion
VickiLorraine from Lefthanded Notions
Trudie at My Vintage Childhood
Cass from Cass Can Sew
Roslyn at Sew Delicious
I hope you will pop on over to visit all of the blogs - you won't regret it!!
Until next time