I was looking through my Xmas scraps today and thinking "What can I do with this?"
Answer: Make some Scrappy Xmas Decorations!
What you need:
Some Xmas scraps with small pictures - these ones vary in size
Some fabric scraps to use as backing - think about using Xmas fabric if you will see it
Some scraps of Vilene or wadding
1. Cut out your pictures - if you have borders like mine it is easy - you could use a rule and rotary cutter if you preferred.
I had enough to get 2 of each and you can see that I rough cut them only.
2. Cut Vilene and backing for each one - once again - rough cut.
3. Press the Vilene to the back of the front picture.
4. I needed something to make some loops and I found this cord. I decided to unwind the beaded strand to use as loops.
5. I cut my loops to 2.5"
6. With all layers facing the way you want them to finish ie front, wadding, backing, use pinking shears to cut along the top. I have skewed mine a little so you can see. Then fold a loop in half and place between the wadding and the backing.
7. Sew around the picture about 1/4" from the edge. I have used white to show you on the back.
8. Using the pinking shears, cut around the other 3 sides.
9. There you have it! Continue with your other pictures. These can be tree decorations or you might like to make a mini garland. I threaded them onto the rest of the cord.
How cute is that? I love it! Look through your scraps and see what you can make. I would love to see a photo!
Until next time