Some time ago I made some curtain tie backs for my grand daughters' room to match her cushion and I had some requests for a tutorial so here we go!
What you need:
Pattern - available here
Iron on Pellon/Vilene
1. Take the fabric and pattern and cut
- 4 tie back shapes and
- 4 strap pieces 1.5" x 5"
(if you find it easier than placing the pattern on the fold, copy the pattern twice and join.)
2. If you are using a stripe like me, make sure that you match the stripes with the fabric right side to right side.
4. Sew the straps, right sides together and then turn through to the right side and press.
5. Fold the strap pieces in half and place at each end of the tie back so that raw edges are together and the seam on the strap faces the curved seam (so it will face the bottom when hanging)
6. Matching your stripes, right sides together, sew around the edges leaving an opening to turn through (I left mine open, near to but not at, the end on the curved side)
7. Clip the curves
8. Turn through to right side and top stitch all round the tie back about 1cm from the edge. (This will close the openings)
9. Well done! Now go and tie back those curtains!!
Until next time